Maintenance Strategy Development & Optimisation
Our team has built extensive experience in maintenance strategy development and optimisation for a variety of physical assets which has allowed us implement robust and cost-effective maintenance plans through our branded process and cutting-edge tools. SAE JA1011, MSG-3, MIL-STD-2173(AS), and ISO 14224 are some standards supported by our proprietary framework.
Ensuring maintenance plans are suitable for current operational and environmental requirements is vital through ongoing strategy optimisation. This proactive approach reduces costly equipment failures, unplanned downtime, and safety incidents.
Optimal can help your organisation unlock value through:
- Utilisation of client knowledge and existing data
Fasttrack the process through efficient collation and review of your existing strategies, plans, and other reliability information. Collaboration is fostered through RCM Workshops.
- Process cost-effectiveness
Our unique approach which is based on reliability engineering expertise and access to leading technology and knowledge, enables significant reduction of time, effort, and cost associated with RCM driven maintenance strategy development.
- Seamless feedback to your CMMS/EAM
Adherence to your Master Data standards and CMMS/EAM system requirements in line with our end to end process, maintains Master Data structures and reduces complexities associated with strategy updates within your system.
- Reducing unplanned downtime
Key areas for improvement are identified through data analysis and application of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) expertise that feeds into our maintenance strategy fine tuning
- Forecasting cost, labour, material, and tool requirements
Generation of zero-based budget, along with spares, tooling, and resource requirements to optimise maintenance decision making
- Asset Criticality Analysis
Failure Modes, Effect, and Criticality (FMECA) based approach ensures that reliability improvement is approached from a risk-based perspective by identifying and ranking your critical equipment.
Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) which embeds Failure Mode, Effect, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) is a thorough, proven, and widely accepted approach for the development and optimisation of maintenance strategies. The methodology highlights failure modes and their effects and provides justification for selecting maintenance tasks.
- Work Order Improvements and Frequency Optimisation
- Work Packaging, Routing, and Nesting
- Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) Studies
- Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Asset Vulnerability Assessment
- Critical Spares Analysis
- Root Cause Analysis
- Risk Based Inspection (RBI) Optimisation (Compliance to API standards)
- Asset Lifecycle Planning & Optimisation